Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Food and Drinks for Patient with Diarrhea: Gatorade, Pocari Sweat and Banana


             I did not fully enjoy this Christmas Eve due to stomach cramps and diarrhea. We cooked a lot and I ate a little, the pain and diarrhea may be the cause of salted egg and buko juice that I ate and drank before Christmas Eve. What I experienced is watery loose bowel from time to time. I drank plenty of water and my husband bought me Gatorade, not the ordinary Gatorade that is ready to drink, the new Gatorade that I discovered is the powder one. You need to mix it with water, but I think this one is more affordable especially if you are an athlete and you always need to drink plenty of Gatorade to prevent dehydration. Good thing this Gatorade helped me to hydrate from loss of water and electrolytes in my body. 

GATORADE THIRST QUENCHER POWDER
             I also drank Pocari Sweat which is an ION supply drink, the same with Gatorade it replenishes body fluids lost through perspiration and diarrhea. I love the taste of Pocari Sweat, slightly sweet.

POCARI SWEAT ION SUPPLY DRINK

            So what does banana did to me? Well, my digestion goes back to normal and also my bowel movement.
              I can’t remember the number of bananas I ate, they were plenty.
My everyday tip for everybody: Diarrhea should be treated immediately because this can be cause of death if not given attention.  The fluids that you will lose when you are suffering from diarrhea is a serious amount so better take Gatorade and Pocari Sweat as home remedies, if symptoms persist consult your doctor.  
                                          
                                                                                                                                                          

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Pocari Sweat can cure diarrhea. Will add it to my list whenever I have diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does not cure but help the patient to hydrate from loss of fluids in the body.

      Delete
  2. reminds me of the BRAT diet---banana, rice, applesauce and toast for diarrhea.you canmake your own "gatorade" by making a salt, sugar and water solution

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup Gatorade is a very good medicine powder to cure diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yakult is also good to drink when you have diarrhea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...