Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Recipe for Cream Dory


Cream Dory is a catfish, they say that is a Kanduli fish. Cream Dory has a palatable taste compare to other catfish. This fish is serve in ordinary meals, party and different special occasions. The first time I encountered cream dory was when I prepared the meal for dinner. What I did is I just steam the cream dory and make a simple dip through mixing calamansi, soy sauce, garlic and red chili. It is a simple preparation and everybody loves it. 

Cream dory can be cooked in variety of ways, furthermore, the taste of cream dory can be enhanced through preparing a dip.

The next recipe is very simple again, no more worries and so much waiting time. We prepared this cream dory fish recipe during our town feast.

Cream Dory and Dip Recipe

Ingredients
Bread crumbs
1 Kilo Cream dory
Eggs
Calamansi
Salt to taste
Garlic
Mayonnaise
Banana Ketchup

Procedure for Dip

1.       Just mix the banana ketchup and mayonnaise.

Procedure for Cream dory

1.       Marinate cream dory with calamansi, salt and garlic for hours.
2.        After marinating, separate cream dory in a pan.
3.       Scramble the eggs and pour it to cream dory. Make it sure that all part of cream dory has eggs on it. This is done to stick the bread crumbs to cream dory.
4.       Put an ample amount of bread crumbs to cream dory.
5.       Lastly, fry the cream dory. 

You can also try to make a dip out of milk and cheese or make a sweet and sour dip by using red bell pepper and ketchup. Good luck and happy eating!    

20 comments:

  1. I've been having cream dory at least once a week for quite sometime now. With your simple recipe, my wife has no excuse why not she can make one. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dory is softer than other type of fish when you eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our grandfather always gives us uncooked cream dory that we never get tired of cooking. This fish is just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's been many, many years since I last tasted this fish... these days, it's more of the usual galunggong and tilapya... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not into cooking, but love to eat. This recipe looks simple enough that even person like me can make it

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg! i wsh you have some photos also dear so i can feel some craves as well haha nice recipe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of eating fishes, but I love cream dory! :) Whatever kinds of preparation it has, as long as it's cooked perfectly, it tastes great. Anyway, I'll give your recipe a try soon. Oh and Mary Jane's right, maybe you can add some photos next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cook it when i need quick food to prepare. :) when some friends come unexpectedly during meal time, etc. :) i don't put bread crumbs though. i just put salt and pepper then toasted garlic on top. I will try using bread crumbs and your recipe above next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Cream dory is different fron Kanduli.Eh ano ba paki natin, basta ayos ang recipe mo, Dito kasi sa Munti, yung mayor namin once in a while may free Kanduli sa baranggay. Pa-try ko nga kay misis ito.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are times i like dory there are times I don't like when I am in Hotel Intercon but yes Dory is a delicious fish - now i am hungry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing recipe that is so simple to do. I love Cream of Dory so now I should make one for myself. Thanks for sharing it to us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you posted photos, wanna try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that cream dory is the pangasius.

    First time ko makatikim nito ay nuong maliit pa lang ako. natakot pa ng ako nuong una dahil kakaiba. :D Pero sabi ng father ko ay crossbread day ng kanduli at hito.

    ReplyDelete
  14. first time to learn that cream dory is actually a catfish.. anyways, I think the best dip for this would be a sourcream.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dory is not available here in my place. It is actually a very tasty fish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very simple recipe. :) I'll try doing this at home. We are tired of eating chicken and pork. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my favorites! Yum! Thanks for sharing such sumptuous recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a great food to eat for very simple ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  19. Might ask my baby to try this one for me. This will be great if partnered with soup or some dippings

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have no other means of preparing Cream Dory except fried or sugba... thanks pwde pa lng gawan ng dip ... will follow ur instruction :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...