Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Nasi Goreng, Seafood Paella and Spicy Tofu


I recently bought not so ordinary dishes in one of the restaurant in Pasay. The restaurant sells mostly rice meals or viand mixed with rice. I ordered Nasi Goreng, Seafood Paella and Spicy Tofu. I am satisfied because the cost is affordable. Nasi goreng and seafood paella are only 90 pesos and the spicy tofu is only 25 pesos.

Tips on how to Cook Delicious Nasi Goreng and Seafood Paella

Nasi Goreng
Nasi Goreng is a rice meal with chicken, red chili, red pepper, cucumber, tomato and a yellow powder mixed with it. I think the yellow powder is a curry powder, that is why the rice is color yellow. To make nasi goreng delicious, one has to choose class A rice because rice is the main ingredient. Pork, fish and beef can be substituted to chicken.

NASI GORENG
Seafood Paella
Seafood paella is also a rice meal, mix with different seafoods like mussels, clams, shrimp, crabs, and sweet sauce. Like nasi goreng, seafood paella should have a class A rice to make it palatable. The sauce should not overpower the seafoods, meaning it the ingredients should be balance to each other.

Spicy Tofu
The spicy tofu is grilled rather than fried. It was dip in hot and sweet sauce to make it tasty. 

SPICY GRILLED TOFU

10 comments:

  1. wow!! we have lotsa nasi goreng here in malaysia hehe almost all of their foods are spicy like in thailand too! love the tofu! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Pasay, everything you posted seems delish, may I know where in Pasay you bought all those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nasi Goreng is really delicious. I've tried it in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nasi goreng is Malaysian dish, right? We cooked it before for my sister's classmates and thought it was delicious. For me, though, nothing beats Chinese chow fan. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must try that SPICY GRILLED TOFU they have. hmmmm....love it so much. I am craving now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I would love to know where you bought them because 90 pesos for nasi goreng and seafood paella is such a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew to have an affordable paella like this one. Waah! I love paella pa naman! waaah! (enough screaming!)

    To have a paella that is like.. 90 Pesos?! It's a big deal already! usually paellas are like 150-200+ and.. 90 Pesos? I would love to buy and indulge with all my heart's content. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thats very affordable plus I'm beginning to like other Asian dishes like that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking the picture, I remembered my very first experience in tasting Nasi Goreng in Malaysia way back 2 years ago. It's spiciness was enough to make me sweat profusely. Nasi Goreng or Fried Rice is a meal that shouldn't be missed when visiting Malaysia, SG or Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks really good and interesting. I am not a good cook but I will surely like to try this one. Or I hope there's a Malaysian Restaurant here in Davao and will just try it there =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...