Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Recipe for Sinigang na Tuna

          I encountered a very good and healthy menu while eating on a very classy restaurant in Manila. I tried to cook the menu at home and I am glad that I made the same taste. Here is myrecipe for,




Recipe for Sinigang na Tuna

Ingredients
Kilo Tuna (Black meat or any Tuna)
1 whole chopped onions
1 whole minced garlic
Salt
Pepper
4 little slices of  ginger
4 green chili or siling haba
Kangkong or Mustard
4 chopped tomatoes
Sinigang Mix or Natural Sampalok
3 tablespoons fish sauce or patis
Water

Procedure for Natural Sampalok (optional)
1. Boil the sampalok
2. Squeeze the sampalok
3. Place the squeezed liquid from the sampalok in a small container.

Procedure for Sinigang na Tuna
1. Wash the tuna and put salt after.
2. Sautee garlic, onions, tomatoes and ginger.
3. Mix the tuna with the sautéed ingredients and put the 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
4. Add water
5. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
6. Add the sinigang mix or the natural sampalok.
7. Let it simmer.
8. Lastly, add the kangkong or mustard and siling haba or green chili and Let it boil for 2 minutes.

Note: You can add water if the soup taste so sourly. You can also add patis if it is needed. I recommend using natural sampalok to make  it a very healthy food to eat because this can be a rich source of vitamin C. Have a healthy meal!

5 comments:

  1. Wow this one is really yummy looking foodie. Might try it...Thanks for sharing.

    Momgen Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very useful blog you got here. I am sure Housewives and Moms are glad that you are sharing recipes we all could use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is something i would definitely eat!! :D great recipe!!
    Rovie
    The Bargain Doll
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was back in the province, my mom often cooked this. Although I like it, I kinda wish it didn't taste quite as fishy or malansa? Love the sourness of sinigang though. It's one of my favorite dishes :)

    - Mich of Mich Eats and Shops

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, i so love tuna too and sinigang is just something that delights my tummy, thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...