Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Recipe for Homemade Ginger Tea


                I admit I am aging, haha, I am close to 30 and I will be out of calendar in few years. Though I don’t want to get older, still I cannot escape getting old each year. Few years ago, I did not experience any pain and my body was very strong. However, as times go by different pains come along the way, from headache to abdominal pain. I have a very sensitive body and my tolerance in pain is not that good, with this, I started to educate myself in organic treatment and herbal medicine. A friend of mine told me that she drink a lot of homemade ginger tea to cure her stomachache. So I researched about the organic treatment she is using. Most of researched articles about ginger tea talk a lot about having it beneficial for throat and stomach. I am elated with what I researched so what I did is to make my own Salabat or ginger tea.

Ginger and Calamansi Tea

Here is my mini recipe for Ginger and Calamansi Tea
  1. Wash the ginger and peel it.
  2. Cut the ginger in two.
  3. Put the ginger in a pan with two cups of water and let it boil.
  4. When ginger is done, put it in a mug and squeeze some calamansi.
Homemade Ginger Tea

                     The reason why I add calamansi is to blend some taste in the tea. Ginger produces a not so good taste that is why I mixed some sourness to it. The minty taste of Ginger will become nice after you add calamansi juice. Anyway, calamansi has vitamin C and this is another good news!
I will still observe the effects of this homemade tea in my body and I will tell you the real story after a month. Hope this will work for me because I do not want to rely on over the counter medicines all the time. The more organic and herbal the drink the more appealing to me. 

13 comments:

  1. Wow! Salabat or ginger tea! Perfect for early morning with bibingka or puto bumbong...best alternative for coffee or tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I will put calamansi on my salabat next time and vocalize :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are NOT aging, I am, hahahaha... I'm turing 40 very soon! 30 was the best year for me - I became a wife and then a mom!
    And yes, ginger tea is very good for the tummy and is high in antioxidants and antibacterial properties. I love ginger tea/salabat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM SUCH A HUGE FAN OF GINGER TEA! First time I tasted one was from a local spa place here in Marikina. It was so good, which was probably the main reason why i go back to that spa place :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Akala ko kung ano na salabat lang pala. ginger Tea pala tawag doon. ang B_ _ O ko.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my Lola who use to make ginger tea for us whenever we're sick :) The magic of herbs plus a caring and loving relative makes me get well in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginger is very healthful especially for throat related diseases and also improves voice quality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love salabat! This ginger tea is awesome, I might try it at a certain cold and windy night :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We always make salabat (ginger juice) whenever we have sore throat, colds, and flu. It's a very effective natural treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salabat works wonders for me whenever my throat aches. This tea aids in soothing my throat and truly effective!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not in the calendar? Not really. Some months have 31 on it. LOL! But yaaah, our highschool choir coach used to prepare ginger tea for us. Altho she adds honey on it to get rif of the ickie taste. You should try it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love ginger tea! we have ginger teabags as well from india! I love drinking them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've tried brewing the real thing (ginger in a pot of hot water). But I never really liked how it tasted. So I resorted back to the instant kind. Tastes better than the real one. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...